Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Animal Crossing: City Folk - My Opinion

I became a millionaire on Animal Crossing today. It's pretty nice having a fully squatted town that everyone actually plays on every day. In fact, I haven't seen it this way since 2002, when I first played the original. It's really fun to get a lot of inside jokes and nuances going between the players and the animals.

I actually think that all the reviews I read were somewhat unfair until I really think about it. And I guess that's a good thing, because all the reviewers should really be thinking about it. The problem I have with the reviews that I have read, however, has been that they look at it more from a "how much effort has Nintendo put into this" standpoint - as opposed to the final product. What we have now is the ultimate version of a very fun series. It is just an update, really, to the DS release, but it is the best version because of that. It has a lot of new items, including new complete sets of furniture. It has WiiConnect24 going for it, so sending letters to friends in other towns is awesome.

Oh well, I'm not trying to make a feature list or write a review here. Just state an opinion. Animal Crossing remains a fun concept, and a fun game. I'm glad we're all playing it. I will always buy the next "update".

No comments: