Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2 Days Off and Some Anime

Well my laptop cord went out last night to where I couldn't write a blog (unless I used the other computer, which I really didn't feel like doing).

But yesterday was pretty fun. I watched Skip Beat, Akikan, and Choas; Head. I've been a bit in the mood to watch a few animes recently.

Skip Beat is about an aspiring actress with strange motivations. I've actually really been enjoying this one. It tends to be very funny and at times have some very touching moments.

Akikan is, and this is scary, about a girl who is a soda can... and materializes into a girl when it's juice is drunk. After the first episode, I actually feel like watching a few more just to see where they go with this story. So far it seems to be taking the traditional anime route. The main character now wants the girl to go to school. And the antics ensue. Let's see how cliche it can be... before we dismiss it. It is pretty funny, after all.

Choas; Head is a psychological anime about delusions and their interactions with reality. I've watched quite of few of these so far, and it has had its moments. But I think I haven't made up my mind about the series as a whole yet. Well, I guess I can't do that seeing as how it isn't over yet. Sometimes it is very good. The first few episodes were everybody's favorite, it seems, since it involved just him and his very anti-social, hyper awkward behavior. Very interesting for a main character. Though the fact that he is the main character hasn't changed, it seems like the whole focus of the anime has changed a bit. I don't know. I just have problems with villians like to explain their whole plan and idea. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to keep your enemies in the dark? Plus you get the joy of figuring out the plans along with the main characters. Eh, who knows. I think it is still going to be good series. I might post more thoughts on it later.

So last night Steve and I went to Wal-Mart to try to find a new adapter for my laptop. A puppy chewed it a long time ago and I've been fitting and tying it off with electric tape since. I had noticed that Sam's Club had a univeral adapter for 30 bucks. If I'd have known it was such a steal I probably would have dropped the ball and bought it. Because the one we found at Wal-Mart was around $100 after tax. Yeah, I resolved that I would never pay that much for an adapter. So today, this morning, I cut up the cable, connected and spliced the correct wires (it took about an hour to get it correctly), and taped it off again.. and it worked. I don't think I can use it on my little modulating surge protector however. For some reason.

Meh, so the rest of today has just been watching some more anime, watched a bit of tv with Grace. Oh and Staci has been really into playing online with Animal Crossing. That's been fun stuff. Met some people online that were from Europe yesterday. Why is everyone's accent so much cooler than ours? Our hick accent. But yeah, Staci's been all over animalcrossingcommunity.com. It's a really cool site.

I just ate a meatball sub. Yay, five dollar footlongs.

I'm ready for a big tax return.

No comments: