Thursday, February 5, 2009

Growing More Nerdy Every Day

Nothing too special today. Had a long day at work. 1-close. Didn't do much there, as usual. Well, I did what my job is. Only today it felt like I was teaching entire lessons about computers and televisions to people. It's actually pretty amazing how much people do not know about these things. It's even more amazing when people are adamant about something being true, when it is completely false. I didn't even want to bring up, to this one man, how Monster cables were ridiculously overpriced - and for no good reason. He just knew that he was right already. He knew that Monster cables are the best ones because they have "speed ratings". Yeah, okay. Doesn't an HDMI cable have to be a certain speed to even be called an HDMI cable? Isn't the "speed" processed within the units you are connecting? Don't tell this man that.

Or don't tell this other lady, looking at laptops, that 2 gigs of ram for a laptop that she will only be using for school and internet is more than enough. But she just had to have at least 4 gigs. I didn't stick around for long. She gave me the "wife of Tom Peters" vibe. You know, that terrifying woman on Tom Goes to the Mayor. Oh well...

We're closing in on a new season of Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, and I'm excited. I can't wait to experience some new underlying quirks, meanings, and subtleties. Boing Boing once called them 'Connoisseurs of Fine Funny'. I like that, and I think its fitting.

We had spaghetti (with meat!) tonight. Staci was worried that she burnt the meat, but it turned out delicious.

We made a new friend who lives in CA on Animal Crossing tonight. I'm going to get his friend code tomorrow.

Oh man, I'm excited. I purchased a 'lot' of M:TG cards tonight on ebay. I bought a Lot containing 500 cards, no fillers (lands), rares and uncommons included, and no more than 4 repeaters (if any, it says). Sounds like a pretty good deal. You can only have 4 of any certain kind of card in your deck anyway. And I also bought a Lot of 200 basic land cards, so that I can actually build decks when I get them. These were all extremely inexpensive. Considering theme decks and stuff only have 40-60 cards and cost 10 bucks. And I spent 15 for 500 cards. I can't tell you how nerdily excited I am. Just to touch them. Smell them. Remember them. I hope I get a lot of my old favorites, but I don't really know if I will or not. I'm going to be such a n00b player for so long. I just love to play. I'm hoping to have a decent collection together and maybe understand a few things better before we go to Akon this year. I want to see if I can join in on some of that. Maybe even enter a tournament and get slammed.

I can't wait.

Things are looking up. Or more like... things are starting to look very fun.

No comments: