Monday, February 9, 2009

MTG and Staci's B-Day

Well, you'll notice that my updates have slowed down considerably since this month began. Well, I don't plan on making a habit of it, but it was only because I've been knee-deep in re-entering the world of MTG. I've ordered a set of cards from a cheap retailer on ebay. Staci has gone with me to Hawghead comics and was with me when I bought my first few tourny packs. I went home, made some decks, trying to balance them out pretty well. I did get an ultra rare, which is cool. I've played games against Staci and Justin so far, and a few on the online version of the game. It's cool that some of the traders on there just give away free cards every month. I made my first deck from it and made my first friend online while using that deck.

So yeah, like I said, knee-deep in yet another nerdy endeavor. Well, this is more like a trip down memory lane, in addition to picking up something again that used to bring us all together. Man, it has been long. It does feel different playing. Because I'm so different. And there are a lot of new rules involved. Well, not really rules, just so many new abilities. But it has all been really fun. I'm glad I decided to play again. I might even play with some people at Akon this year. Magic online works pretty well, too. Although it definetely helps if you know the game irl beforehand. There are a lot of options. But playing it online will help your real life gaming as well, as it follows the rules and phases of gameplay staunchly.

Well, enough about Magic, I suppose. We've also managed to get Staci her b-day present, which was a new camera :). It's a cool little blue Fujifilm. It'd be the one I would get. Maybe I will, when I get my huge income tax return this year. I kid, but I hope it is huge. I got plans. Space plans.

Justin started a Captain Falcon group on Facebook and a few people went crazy on it.

The house has been a horrendous mess, since I've been doing nothing but working the past 3 or 4 days (I don't bother trying to remember how long it has really been) and have been completely stiff and more interested in MTG when I get home.

Dad's been in CA. Not sure when he's coming back, or if he already has. I need to get his number in my new phone.

The last few days have been warm. I miss the cold already.

No comments: