Monday, May 25, 2009

Approaching A-Kon, Money, Respect, and Poo

A-Kon is just a few days away. We're both a little worried about money, of course, but it's nothing new. We are, indeed, used to being worried about money. I think we probably waste half of our life worrying about damn money.

But I always feel like we'll be fine. And it's because it's the truth. We're always slightly a step ahead. Everything will work its way out.

Staci keeps getting more and more excited about A-Kon, too. To the point of scaring us all.

Just kidding. But seriously.

I do feel like all of her planning and work for this trip had gone under appreciated, however. I almost wish that next year she would let someone else take the slam for the whole trip. I don't remember people turning down Matt's itineraries, for example.

I just get really sick of people not giving a shit about anything. Like they're too goddamn cool to feel anything. I get so sick of it. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one trying to avoid a fight or awkward, annoying situations. I'm not really trying to point fingers, it's just how I feel about a good chunk of my friends at times. Just a complete lack of respect.

Brahhg, respect. Not that I or anyone really deserves it.

The biggest accomplishment recently has been figuring out how to keep the dogs from poo-in all over the carpet in the dining room. Slam, take their food away from them after 11 or 12. And put them out one last time before bed every night. That was easy. Too bad it took me a year to figure it out. Too late for our dear, clean carpet.

No comments: