Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dennou Coil and My Bike

Yesterday was a pretty fun day. I spent most of it alone, and cleaning, but that's not all it was. I got to spend some time watching my current anime, Dennou Coil, and hung with Casey for a small bit.

I really like Dennou Coil. I don't think I can power-watch anime at all like Steve and Mason do to One Piece. I think doing so, or at least trying to force my way through something, really makes me lose interest. If the only forcing I do is about one or two episodes per day, then I really enjoy an anime, it seems. And I don't seem to miss any details. And I can get through an anime fairly quickly - at least compared to powerwatching seven or eight episodes and losing interest altogether.

Anyway, I had meant to write about Dennou Coil.

I believe the full title reads "Dennou Coil: A Circle of Children", and it seems fitting enough. The entire anime revolvies around many very likeable and very different characters in a very interesting city. We aren't given any hints as to what the time period is, but the technology - at least the personal technology - is very advanced. Everyone, mostly the children, it seems, has a pair of glasses that gives them access to the cyber network or server, and they can just about make anything on the server using those glasses if they have "metabugs", which seem to appear around "obsolete" or broken space. This broken or obsolete space is the name for an area which may be out-of-sync with the server, or out of date, thus when you look at it through the cyber glasses, it appears pixelated and broken. The story works off of this in the most interesting of ways, and mostly has to do with the origins of the "Illegals", which reside in said space.

Anyway, that's what I've been watching and enjoying thorougly. I might pick up One Peice next, but I don't know. Maybe in conjunction with another anime.

I'm finally getting my bicycle fixed up. Steve brought over his pump yesterday, and it seems my tires are still good. After jogging last night, we went to Wal-Mart, and I picked up some new pedals. I hope they aren't extremely cheaply made. I really wanted metal ones. I only need to replace the left pedal. But I did ride on it yesterday, and even with no pedal on the left side, everything seemed to be in working order. Now I just need a nice basket and a new seat to put on it. You know, so I can run over to the stores and stuff.

No comments: