Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Big 'Ol Food-Filled Weekend Update

Well, I missed updating on the weekend because I wasn't really here that much.

Staci's grandma Sue was here to visit, and she bought us a lot of food during that time. We went out to eat for every meal this weekend, and I must have gained 15 pounds. I don't know. Maybe not.

On Saturday night while we were waiting for her to show up, we went to Chile's with all the friends, I think that's where I was updated to.

On Sunday morning Sue took us to Cracker Barrel, where I got a big 'ol chicken fried chicken meal. Cracker Barrel always impresses me with just how good everything, down to the loaded mashed potatoes and grits tastes.

All day, I was obsessing over music, and me having my headphones on constantly was probably making Staci a little annoyed. For some reason The Presidents (PUSA) sounded amazing, though. I really enjoy a lot of songs off of their new album.

We went to Academy Sports, which kind of feels like a bro-filled yawn-fest to me. There are some interesting things in there, and they have a wide selection of work-out stuff and sports stuff, of course, but when you're running on about 3 or 4 hours of sleep and you're walking around a place...

Wait, I think we went to Target before Academy, though. Yeah, we did. (Yeah, that's the kind of day I had. I mean, I enjoyed a good chunk of it, but I guess, in the end, one guy can only take so much shopping. Especially if he's not procuring some awesome stuff.)

Man, I truly am finding it hard to remember in what order we did things. I think after Academy we went grocery and 'the rest of Staci's b-day' shopping. She had gotten some things at Target she liked, but most of the things she really loved at Target had been sold out - which made her very sad. So at Wal-Mart she found the rest of it. Some cool stuff. We got an ass-ton of food. Well, it was an ass-ton to us. We did try to find the best deals on stuff, though.

While I was there, I re-affirmed my resolve to get a new George Foreman Grill.

Staci also got new cellies while we were there. I somehow feel more connected again.

Right now I'm a little confused as to what order we went out and ate. But I know that over the course of the night and the next morning we went to Chile's and ate out at Ihop twice. I had the most delicious rack of ribs ever at Chile's, though. I mean, I haven't had that many ribs, but they were great. Memphis rub, man.

I spent all night trying to figure out how to make the audio files that I put on my Razr be recognized as ringtones. It eventually took some voodoo magic, with a solution that I wasn't finding on the internet. But I got it to work. Even for full-length songs. I never understood the limit anyway. I mean, why the hell? Anyway, my solution eventually involved 4 seperate programs. Lame. But I got it down to an art now. The solution didn't actually come to me until the next morning.

Yesterday turned out to be a nice day of kickin' it. Playing Brawl with Casey on his class-break. Messin with phones. Watching crazy stuff on youtube with Casey and the fam later on. Watched "Inside the Actor's Studio", or something like that, because it had Conan O Brien on. It was pretty amazing.

We watched "Religulous", which turned out to be really good. Most of which I've heard before and agree with, but it is still good to re-affirm all of that hope.

Everybody started freaking out about the ice storm. It never really got that bad here, though they say that it will be getting worse later on. We'll see. I do have to work today, though. 1-close. If anything is going to happen, it is going to happen on my shift, and I'll be up a creek. Or "up a road" as it were.

I stayed up really late playing Brawl against Justin, working on my Samus and Ganon a little more. Had some good games. My character spectrum is widening.

Woke up this morning and both Staci and I were a bit confused about whether or not to call in to work because of the whether. It was mostly just rain right now, but we don't know how bad it is going to get. We decided on going and being really careful, however.

And that's the weekend update. Pretty long, but it covers almost 3 days.

No comments: