Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaguration Day and My Day Off

Today I woke up and watched the inauguration of Barack Obama. I spent most of my time discussing the little nuances with Grace, and with Staci before she had to leave. Everything seemed pretty straightforward. We all agreed that George W. looked a bit upset. And we all stated our reasons for why this might be. We also all agreed that the prayer was a bit too long and awkward. And that it was more of a speech and not really a prayer. And that you could tell which members of the audience were athiests and which ones weren't. It was as clear as night and day.

And then I played a bit of Animal Crossing. Got lots of presents from Mason.

Fell asleep after reading a few chapters of "The Golden Compass".

Woke up, listened to some more of Andrew Bird's new album "Noble Beast". So far it is very good. I'll probably post more later on this, though. "Like the words of a man whose spent a little too much time alone..."

Found some great copies of Cormac McCarthy (No Country for Old Men) novels after getting a registration with Demonoid.com

Most of the day, however, I was supposed to be cleaning the house in preparation for my grandmother-in-law to visit. I just couldn't get motivated. I don't know what's wrong with me lately. I can't feel excited about things I should be. Maybe that's nothing new for me.

Watched some Animal Planet. That "Growing Up" show. It was about a baby walrus.

Payed the water bill. Ate some Taco Bell.

Started cleaning the bedroom. Watched some of the Inagural Ball. There was some horrible entertainment involved, but watching Barack and Michelle dance was actually pretty touching. I think poor Barack is running out of speeches, though. I would be. But his speeches are still good after so many.

Might be using this "list" format a little more. It seems to drag comments out of me, and I've run out of imaginitive power in order to create a more interesting blog format introduction. And I want to remember these days in my own words.

I might watch some more "Skip Beat" here shortly...

1 comment:

stacki said...

like they were saying on msnbc, it's a little weird because you have to say basically the same speech and do the same dance 10 times, but just change it a little for who's at whatever ball. so it's a little awkward.