Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Hate the Lame Stuff.

I woke up sort of late today. I really hate working shifts that start in the early afternoon. Its not like you can do anything of value before you have to go to work. Those mornings are always the most depressing.

So this morning I just messed around with the latest batch of books I downloaded on my computer. I saw perfect copies of "2001: A Space Odyssey" and the other three books of that series. Perfect for my Sony Reader, anyway. Speaking of which, I'm almost done with the first book of "His Dark Materials", and it is very good. Much better than that sad excuse for a movie. Anyway, while I was reading the descriptions to 2001 and the rest, I was getting sucked in. There is nothing else that fits so exclusively to my interests than what I feel like mankind needs to eventually accomplish. We have to find out where we are going. We have to find out what all of this is. And space is... is... just ridiculously curious, strange, and explosively mind blowing.

Went to work at 1. Ate some Taco Bell (again) beforehand. Made me feel crappy for a good chunk of the day. There was somebody always needing help today. I kind of like that, though. It is okay. I like talking about electronics. And now that's my job. I don't like how my back pops and gets kind of uncomfortable after 8 hours of hard, flat surfaces.

Came home, asked Steve and Justin to move the Smash into Justin's room so we could at least think about cleaning. Did the dishes. About to have to do another load. I mean, really. When do these people think I have the time to do these things? While they aren't here? When is that?

Goddamn, I hate money, btw. And the lame stuff.

My grandmother-in-law is coming to visit for the weekend. Should be a nice visit.

No comments: