Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years and Benjamin Button

Well, we actually had a fairly good turnout for our New Year's party. A little over 20 people showed up. There is a pretty good picture that I want to post that shows almost all of them. Even Cody came down for the party, which was pretty cool. Things seem like they've been getting easier for everyone lately. I'm not sure what I mean by that except exactly how it sounds. People have been seeming less uptight. I hope that doesn't change.

New Year's Day was spent eating at Cracker Barrel (something I haven't done since the last day I ever saw Samantha. I didn't really bother mentioning this to anyone, however) and watching the Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

The most interesting thing about the Benjamin movie is how the book was completely ignored except for the 'getting younger as you get older' theme. This is perfectly okay, seeing as, after reading it for myself, the book seems to be almost a joke. It was 69 pages long in ebook form, which is probably about half that in real book form. Nothing else was really the same. Comparisons definitely do not need to apply.

I wish I could pay better attention to lots of things. I don't really know how best to explain what I mean. For example, there was a time in my life where making a new friend such as Sam Parker would be at the top of my list of 'one of the most awesome things that happened to me this year'. But within the last few years, I've tended to focus on different things. I still think it is awesome that I've made quite a few new friends and basically a new 'gang' since moving into this house, but I don't tend to notice them quite as much anymore. I just feel so 'busy' even when I'm not. As if I don't have time for the little things anymore. As if I'm going to be in trouble by someone if I take too much time for myself. Is that really all in just marriage? Hard to say, actually. I don't know if that's the way I feel, but I have told Staci on more than one occasion that I was beginning to feel that marriage is mostly a bad institution. This changes nothing about how I feel about Staci, of course, but marriage is just one of those things that I feel needs to be reworked somehow. After a while, it needs to mean more than just financial stability. Somebody somewhere needs to come to an understanding.

I'm still unsure about whether or not to go ahead and get in on some classes this semester. I'm not sure if we'll get help financially. I mean, I'm pretty sure if we ask we can get help from Staci's grandparents, but we hate to do that. They said they would, but we still abhor the idea. And I'm still unsure about the possibility of a pell grant. I hope it's not too late in the game. I still have a chance to register, but do I still want to?

We may get to see Tim and Eric Awesome Tour Live this month. We're looking into it. It would require us going to Kansas City, but that would be fine to see such a thing. Speaking of which, I believe their new season starts this month.

ATM I love MegaMan 9, Smash Bros. Brawl, Beck, Interpol, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and Animal Crossing: City Folk. Yep, never a shortage of things to fill of your entertainment around here.

Oh yeah and The Mountain Goats "Satanic Messiah" is one of the best things ever. Go check the website. I'm pretty sure its satanicmessiah.com. I'm pretty sure I was amazed at that domain aquisition.

No comments: