Thursday, January 29, 2009

Masonic Things

Wow, I need to stop waiting until the last moment to start writing. It is now extremely late. And I have to work early tomorrow.

Yeah, the last few days were spent in a tiny box they call the 'gas station' at Sam's. It's the attendants box, and it is strange spending that long in one spot alone during icy, cold, wet, weather. Nobody came in at work for the past few days, so I had to cover for them. The truth is, however, it was kind of nice. I already had five days off before that point, and then it seemed like I had two more, since all I did was stand there listening to Andrew Bird and reading my books. At one point it was so slow in the store that they only had Ron Gibby on the floor and sent everyone else home. There was only one cashier, too.

Anyway, the second day that I went out there to gas station, I talked a little while to the guy who was attending in the morning. His name is Ray, and he's a Mason. I think he maybe a Shriner, too, but I know he's a mason. He told me about the Masonic symbols, and some of the symbolic things embedded in the way the country's monuments and stuff is arranged. It was kind of interesting. I thought it was more interesting, however, what these people do. He said that they look out for eachother in a few different ways. If someone is having trouble (I assumed financially or something), or someone dies - they take care of the widow, that kind of stuff. Looking out for eachother. They also hold breakfasts and other type fundraising things and help people, but make sure not to make it public that they are doing so.

Not sure why I thought that was interesting enough to post, but I did.

Today, however, was a normal day at work. Robert's a bit of a lazy bones. He's my co-worker. He gives me the walky, then talks to people all day while I help the customers. Members, sorry, members. Lots of people needed help today, though.

I did get my W-2 today. Looking at a pretty good return it seems. Might see that PS3 after all. That'd be cool. I want a blu-ray player. I want to play little-big-planet. I also want a new harddrive, a new camera, a good computer chair, and maybe even that cool electronic drum set. It'd be cool to hook up some awesome headphones with that while you practiced. Wouldn't bother anybody or nothing while you were honin' your skills. Or you could hook it up to a big sound system and drive lots of people batty.

Everyone is going to a Brawl tourney tomorrow. It looks like Mason may have cancelled because of a happening tonight, though. Doesn't look like he will go now. Something about stuff bothering him. Sam taunted throughout a teams game. Mason left dramatically. I didn't know how serious it was. But apparently it was serious enough to cancel going to the tourney. Sam came in while I was playing Animal Crossing shortly after all that and said that he probably wasn't going. Hrm, my friends need some happy.

Been having trouble with Steve hurting my dogs. wtf?

I'm excited. Boom Blox 2 got announced today or yesterday. Awesome.

No comments: